Smart Speaker Producer, The World
Under the supervision of The World’s Executive Producer, the Multimedia Producer will undertake all aspects of production associated with an ambitious year-long effort to create programming for smart speakers. The Producer will work with the Smart Speaker working group to originate concepts, develop ideas, and manage the production process from origination to becoming content products available on smart speakers. This is a job with demanding daily and weekly deadlines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Contribute ideas for all aspects of the project.
- Pitch and produce non-narrated and narrated features.
- Produce interview segments for and with host: research and book guests; develop thoughtful and surprising questions; use clips and other materials creatively; and edit recorded interviews.
- Produce segments on World news topics.
- Write scripts and interview questions for host.
- Develop original content for social media and web.
- Administrative tasks as needed.
Required Qualifications: Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- At least one year’s experience in journalism with demonstrated expertise in radio reporting and production.
- Excellent writing and critical thinking skills, including the ability to write engagingly and creatively on deadline.
- Strong familiarity with the breadth of global and domestic issues
- Proficiency with a range of social media platforms and awareness of new platforms.
- Creative problem-solving in editing stories and interviews.
- Familiarity with HTML and content management systems.
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken.
- Effective time-management and ability to produce excellent work on deadline.
- Ability to collaborate closely and cheerfully with others and thrive in a team environment.
This position is based in Boston. .
Our Commitment To Diversity
We're committed to structuring our hiring process and company to be welcoming to applicants of all backgrounds.
PRI+PRX is an equal opportunity employer.