PRX Podcast Garage Internship - April 2019 (Allston, MA)
PRX opened the PRX Podcast Garage in August 2016 as a space for audio storytellers of all experience levels to record, learn, and connect with one another. Located on Western Ave. in Allston, a 20-minute walk from Harvard Square, the PRX Podcast Garage is the city’s first community podcasting studio and classroom. We run a professional recording studio and host talks, trainings, live shows, and much more. We have ambitious goals to expand and evolve this year. Your role will be pivotal in reaching those goals as well as new voices in the podcasting community.
As an intern at the PRX Podcast Garage, you will support the Community Manager and Studio/Operations Manager to strengthen programming and operations. We are a unique space in the audio world and this internship is too. The internship is customer-focused — as a professional recording studio, we have people coming and going throughout the day — so you must be comfortable talking to strangers and providing excellent hospitality on a daily basis. Finally, we are an experimental organization where new ideas come up and change happens quickly. You must be flexible and excited to contribute to that change.
- Work with Community Manager to coordinate programming and events, including: scheduling, speakers, marketing, and logistics
- Lead setup and breakdown of all events
- Organize and execute one event of your own design
- Greet customers and orient them to the studio
- Assist with field kit rental process and equipment maintenance
- Work in DAWs such as Audition, Pro Tools, Hindenburg, etc.
MARKETING & OUTREACH:
- Create and share social media content for PRX Podcast Garage
- Compose and send email marketing campaigns with MailChimp
- Update our website on Squarespace
- Manage email lists and database
- Process payments
- Respond to email inquiries to the PRX Podcast Garage
- Answer phones at the PRX Podcast Garage
- You must be able to work on location three to four days a week, including some weekday nights, at the PRX Podcast Garage in Allston, MA
- You are a natural when it comes to hospitality and/or you have experience working in customer service (yay coffee shop jobs!)
- You can use or learn communication tools like MailChimp, Squarespace, Slack, and social media
- You are flexible and excited about working in a creative environment
- You are passionate about podcasting as a fan or producer
This is a 15 hour/week position that will be paid hourly.
Other perks include:
- Free admission to events and workshops at PRX Podcast Garage and PRX
- Access to a professional recording studio and equipment
The deadline to submit applications is Wednesday, March 27th. The internship will start by April 30, 2019 with a flexible end date.