Manager, PRX Creative Services
Do you love the mission and ingenuity of public radio and podcasting? If so, check out this unique marketing opening at PRX in Boston, Massachusetts.
Public radio and podcasting are at a moment of tremendous change and promise. PRX is at the epicenter of the audio revolution, bridging broadcast, digital and mobile with a portfolio of exceptional programs.
PRX Marketing Department is looking for a creative and experienced brand professional to oversee all creative, design, graphics, and branding aesthetic. This is an exciting and fast-paced position that supports marketing, distribution, sales, operations, IT and fundraising departments and our podcast network, Radiotopia. This individual acts as a critical team member who helps lead the creative development and implementation of PRX’s brand strategy. They are experts in typography and branding design, with experience in digital design. The marketing department is highly collaborative and often working on multiple projects with various stakeholders across the organization. The candidate should have a passion for storytelling no matter its format and healthy podcast list.
The creative services manager leads and directs the design and production of visual and audio materials and media used for advertising, broadcast and online campaigns. Creates and oversees development of art, photo, video, and layout design. They are an abstract thinker and believe that for every problem, there is a creative solution. Once hired, they will effectively dive into this role, and will need to have a proven ability to engage across teams and offices and drive projects from ideation to execution to produce high-quality brand design solutions, directly executing them.
- Assigns projects to vendors, graphic artists, PR and Marketing Agencies; production houses, utilizing current workload, skill sets and experiences.
- Translate creative briefs into design assets and systems that meet business goals as defined by CMO
- Produce monthly webinars in collaboration with content and station services departments
- Ensure producers have a style guide book and kick-off onboarding by walking new and returning producers through the process
- Monitor producers and shows to ensure compliance with brand and logo use
- Build and distribute social media toolkits with regular messaging, graphics, audiograms, approved photos etc.
- Excellent design and graphics portfolio
- Initiates creative meetings to gather input cross-departmentally to review large projects as required
- Facilitates the approval and routing of creative projects
- Manages freelance and vendor timelines and workloads; follows up on due dates
- Acts as a liaison between marketing, production, fundraising, ad sales departments and Radiotopia Network and its producers
- Builds and maintains PRX, Radiotopia, and PRX Podcast Garage style guides
- Confirms purchase orders and other pertinent paperwork is completed for outside vendors and agencies
- Ensures projects are delivered on time and at budget
- Works with marketing team to obtain print and online specs for quoting purposes
- Designs and maintains creative department calendars
- Establishes strong relationship with PRX IT and tech staff and coordinates with online projects and website and landing page builds
- Hosts weekly traffic meetings
- Sounding board for issues and areas of improvement and informing CMO accordingly
- Portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating visual content for national brands; link in resume
- Strong and sophisticated sense of design style, with excellent skills in: photography, art direction, video direction
- Ability to understand key concepts and ideas while communicating a creative vision in a unified manner internally and externally
- Experience collaborating closely with the marketing departments
- Appetite for problem-solving and a love for fast-paced environments
- Excellent communication, pitch, and presentation skills
- Ability to provide creative critique and support creative strategy
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Must be proactive and have a passion for continuous improvement
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BFA or BA in graphic design, marketing or similar
- Minimum 5 years proven experience in design and art direction
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite required (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator etc.)
- Keynote and PPT experience
- Working knowledge of Premiere and/or After Effects is a plus
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- You consider tact, diplomacy, patience and persistence as some of your key strengths; as is your desire to help others – internally and externally.
- Experience with or knowledge of public media and podcasting
- Highly creative with experience in building out audiences in targeted markets
- A “can-do” attitude with excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships
This position is based in Boston. PRX employees are offered health, dental and life insurance benefits, short- and long-term disability, a 401k retirement plan, and paid vacation and parental leave.
Our Commitment To Diversity:
We want our team to reflect the wide diversity of our country, and we strongly encourage POC and LGBTQ candidates to apply. We're committed to structuring our hiring process and company to be welcoming to applicants of all backgrounds.
PRX is an equal opportunity employer.