Audience Insights Analyst
Do you love the mission and ingenuity of public radio and podcasting? If so, check out this unique marketing opening at PRX in Boston, Massachusetts or Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Public radio and podcasting are at a moment of tremendous change and promise. PRI/PRX is at the epicenter of the audio revolution, bridging broadcast, digital and mobile with a portfolio of exceptional programs.
The Audience Insights Analyst will lead efforts to analyze the behavior, needs, and networks of our audiences and determine opportunities for engagement and growth. Working alongside the marketing team, you will be charged with examining, analyzing and making strategic decisions about the future direction for the organization’s brands based on analysis and examination of listener data. You will seek out new insights leading to organizational growth across all of the organization’s brands.
You will be responsible for tracking our audience across platforms, leveraging both internal and external data sets in support of various internal departments. Candidates for this position must have comprehensive knowledge of the industry, media metrics, content consumption trends, and the current audio landscape. You should be comfortable working with data-based analyses, presentations and demonstrate an ability to draw conclusions based upon data.
This is an opportunity for an organized, driven, enthusiastic analyst with a proven track record. You must have a demonstrated passion and willingness to dig into the numbers to find and deliver meaningful insights, reports, analysis, and actionable recommendations to a variety of departments including fundraising, marketing, operations, IT, station services and finance. You will primarily work on PRX / PRI nationally-distributed programming and podcasts; as well as our Radiotopia Network.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in the humanities, humanistic social sciences or statistical studies
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research and analysis methods, including survey creation
- An ability to synthesize extensive research and data into clear written and oral presentations for non-technical/non-academic stakeholders
- Naturally curious and analytical, yet able to work quickly and meet deadlines
- An interest in consumer behavior
- Familiarity with email management tools, with Campaign Monitor and MailChimp experience a plus
- Professional experience with Google Analytics or comparable analytics tools
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Highly organized; ability to interpret data and handle multiple projects with deadlines
- Ability to cope with fast-paced and pressured work
- Attention to detail and strong analytical and critical thinking
- Ability to notice patterns within statistics
- Excellent communication and writing skills; strong attention to detail and follow through
- Experience working effectively with long-distance colleagues
- Knowledge of statistics and predictive modeling.
This position can be based in Minneapolis or Boston. PRX employees are offered health, dental and life insurance benefits, short- and long-term disability, a 401k retirement plan, and paid vacation and parental leave.
Our Commitment To Diversity:
We want our team to reflect the wide diversity of our country, and we strongly encourage POC and LGBTQ candidates to apply. We're committed to structuring our hiring process and company to be welcoming to applicants of all backgrounds.
PRX is an equal opportunity employer.