Digital Content Director
Do you love the mission and ingenuity of public radio and podcasting? If so, check out this unique marketing opening at PRX in Boston, Massachusetts.
Public radio and podcasting are at a moment of tremendous change and promise. PRX is at the epicenter of an audio revolution; bridging broadcast, digital and mobile with a portfolio of exceptional programs including PRI’s The World, The Takeaway, Reveal, The Moth Radio Hour and the Radiotopia podcast network.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Digital Content Director leads a team of professionals in the strategic development and day-to-day management of PRX’s marketing content and digital platforms. The Director builds and executes multiplatform marketing campaigns leveraging content as the key asset. In addition strong design and marketing campaign concepts; they will have solid understanding of how to navigate across our platforms across audiences including listeners, donors, potential partners and media. This position is seated at the cross-section of digital/social content and marketing teams and is an integral role to forge new pathways for building awareness and driving conversation with PRX’s brands, especially around its Radiotopia Network. The director oversees the creative services manager and digital content coordinator in a highly-visible, fast-paced environment.
Work with content creators and internal marketing team at PRX to strategically envision, write, edit, design and deploy content for diverse topics, audiences and vehicles across multiple digital, visual/video and print channels. The ability and commitment to leading innovative, cross-channel content ideation is critical to success. As is, looking outward toward unique promotional partners to help raise awareness and visibility for PRX and its brands.
The director is responsible for creative vision and ideation as well as thorough follow-through on development, execution, and measurement of marketing content and design. The director works in close partnership with the Director, Audience Growth & Marketing and Director of Digital Fundraising to optimize integration across the team and plan for the deployment of creative content that can be effectively targeted, using business intelligence and analytics, to define audiences through multiple channels to achieve department goals and key institutional initiatives. They will be highly-organized and collaborative in their approach to content creation and campaign management. While the focus for these campaigns is toward listeners and audience -- the director will partner with PRX public relations strategist and must have experience in generating media awareness through organic and grassroots campaigns.
Preference and prioritization will be given to those candidates who can tangibly demonstrate successful experience building impactful digital campaigns for mission-driven organizations and thrives on understanding best practices and trends across digital channels. Special efforts include continually enhancing communication, driving innovation by adapting and evolving content that works for specific audiences and marketing endeavors. The director must be a strong leader who can provide creative and strategic thought leadership and direction to the team for a broad range of writing, creative and strategic communications for multiple audiences.
- 5-7 years of experience in content marketing or social media marketing
- Strong creative, conceptual and storytelling skills a must
- Influential thinker and impeccable communicator of ideas
- Proven track record in delivering success via organic content on social and digital platforms
- Passion for emerging media trends and technology, especially social platform products
- Deep understanding of digital and social media metrics
- Expert presentation skills
- Extraordinary project management capabilities
- Start-up mentality with the poise of seasoned professional
- Experience in executing successful branded content campaigns, a plus
- Knowledge of public media and podcasting
- Skilled at mentoring staff and teams in a very fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Digital media or relevant field
- Good knowledge of Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Audacity or other media editing software
- Five years of experience with visual communication methods
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Team Player
- Must be willing to work in Boston, MA
This position is based in Boston. PRX employees are offered health, dental and life insurance benefits, short- and long-term disability, a 401k retirement plan, and paid vacation and parental leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We want our team to reflect the wide diversity of our country, and we strongly encourage POC and LGBTQ candidates to apply. We're committed to structuring our hiring process and company to be welcoming to applicants of all backgrounds.