Sr. Producer, Studio 360 with Kurt Andersen
You probably talk to coworkers about your cultural obsessions at your job ... but what if talking to co-workers about your cultural obsessions WAS your job? PRX is seeking a Senior Producer for “Studio 360 with Kurt Andersen,” the weekly national program about creativity, pop culture, ideas, and the arts, produced by PRX in association with Slate.
As Senior Producer, you’ll report to the Executive Producer and collaborate with an amazing editorial and creative team to make magic for the weekly radio program, podcasts, and website. The Senior Producer of Studio 360 is a talented audio professional who will manage the show’s production, and help shape the sound and content of the show with excellent artistic and technical skills. We are looking for a sharp, fresh, and counter-intuitive thinker to help steer Studio 360’s coverage of cultural trends and news.
Public radio is at a moment of tremendous change and promise. PRX is at the epicenter of the audio revolution with a portfolio of exceptional programs including PRI’s The World, Studio 360 with Kurt Andersen, On Being, The Takeaway, Reveal, The Moth Radio Hour, This American Life and the Radiotopia podcast network. We believe strong public media is anchored in journalism, strengthened with diverse voices and amplified by innovative technology.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- At least 7 years of experience in public radio, including 2 years in a management or project leadership role.
- Experience, training or strong interest in arts and culture.
- ProTools editing, mixing and mastering skills strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of public radio system: programming, distribution and technical standards
- Familiarity with content delivery systems such as PRX and Megaphone or similar.
- Familiarity with web publishing CMS.
- Dedication to the representation of diverse perspectives in the arts and cultural reporting.
- A highly imaginative ear for audio storytelling and the technical skills to execute those ideas.
- Experience recording audio in studio and on location.
- Experience with creating content for social media
- Ability to write tight, descriptive radio and web copy
- Highly organized and at ease with scheduling and strategic planning, can handle multiple projects and problem solve under tight deadlines.
- Ability to lead by example, train and motivate others.
- Ability to identify opportunities and to determine project guidelines, purpose, follow-through, and completion.
- Ability to travel as required.
This is a full time salaried position based in Brooklyn, NY. PRX employees are offered health, dental and life insurance benefits, short- and long-term disability, a retirement plan with employer contributions, and paid vacation and parental leave.
We want our team to reflect the wide diversity of our country and we strive to build meaningful relationships in the communities where we work. We're committed to structuring our hiring process and company to be welcoming to applicants of all backgrounds.
PRX is an equal opportunity employer..