Marketing Manager, Training
PRI/PRX is looking for an experienced Marketing Manager, full-time to support and execute strategies for the PRI/PRX Training team. Responsibilities include, working on training team initiatives i.e. Project Catapult; Google Podcasts creator program; Podcast Garages in Boston and Washington D.C. and other related projects as assigned by the Director of Marketing. Job responsibilities will largely break down into two major areas: (1) amplify and showcase the work of PRI/PRX’s Training Program and Podcast Garage(s) and (2) serve as a trainer and resource to podcasters attending our training programs. This person will serve as a critical liaison between the training and marketing teams.
To be successful in this role, the marketing manager needs to be skilled at amplifying and showcasing the work of the PRI/PRX training team. In doing so, they will be deeply involved in establishing the voice and style for all PRI/PRX training initiatives – whether at the Podcast Garages or beyond. They will work closely with PRI/PRX social media specialist to ensure consistency and amplification of that voice and style across key social media platforms.
The marketing manager will take the lead alongside the marketing team on scheduling and executing dynamic social media strategies using grassroots and traditional marketing approaches with a goal of increasing awareness and engagement around the PRI/PRX training programs. This work will include setting goals for outreach and working closely with the marketing team’s data analyst to assess what’s working and what’s not and to be able to course correct campaigns as needed.
- Establish an overall tone and online sensibility for the PRI/PRX training program in partnership with the PRX training team
- Collaborate with marketing team’s social media specialist; schedule posts for PRX training programs on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Partner with engagement and social media specialist to develop and implement Instagram strategies and ideas that increase engagement and awareness
- Work with the training team to brainstorm articles, promotional strategies and creative activations across social platforms
- Establish working relationship with social media specialist and marketing intern to engage with audiences on social platforms, respond to questions, reply to @ mentions, and like comments
- Research emerging platforms and present findings on new industry best practices
- Alert training and marketing teams when customer support questions arise via social and email channels; analyze and share insights with the broader team
- Accountable for overall KPI and engagement rates on social media to hit goals; use tactics such as labels and influencer programs to track and grow engagement
- Create short-form video content and visuals for social media campaigns
- Capture and share highlights from campaigns with training, marketing and fundraising teams for reporting to funders and building out case studies
- Serve as a resource for podcasters and public media stations participating in the training program; help teams think dynamically about their marketing plan from launch of their podcast and beyond through all necessary channels
- Train podcasters on best practices for reaching and growing their audience; utilize these best practices within PRI/PR internal marketing strategies
Education & Experience:
- Experience developing and executing marketing plans and creative strategies
- Understanding of traditional and non-traditional marketing
- Experience running social media accounts and growing engagement and audience
- 3-5 years marketing and social media experience and a passion for both
- Think creatively and analytically to create and test cutting edge marketing activity
- Ideally, position is based in Boston, Massachusetts
Skills & Knowledge:
- Working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter; Unafraid to learn emerging platforms
- Proactive and highly organized with ability to appropriately assess and respond to time sensitive deadlines
- Stellar grammar, copyediting skills and strong writer required
- Strong spoken and written communicator with the ability to develop creative, clear, and concise storytelling for a variety of audiences
- Love and passion for podcasting and public media preferred
- Proven collaborator with ability to work across teams and varying levels of management required
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and other graphic design/basic audio and video skills are preferred
- Sense of humor and commitment to a culturally-inclusive language and images; the ability to move quickly; and a love of working with creative individuals preferred
This position is based in Boston. PRI/PRX employees are offered health, dental and life insurance benefits, short- and long-term disability, a 401k retirement plan, and paid vacation and parental leave.
Our Commitment To Diversity
We want our team to reflect the wide diversity of our country, and we strongly encourage POC and LGBTQ candidates to apply. We're committed to structuring our hiring process and company to be welcoming to applicants of all backgrounds.
PRI/PRX is an equal opportunity employer.