Advertising Operations (Traffic) Associate
PRX is looking for a Traffic and Advertising Operations Associate to join our growing team. We are among the largest podcast networks representing shows like TED Talks Daily, 99% Invisible and The Radiotopia podcast network. We distribute well regarded public radio shows like The Moth Radio Hour, Reveal, On Being, The World, The Takeaway and many more.
The primary responsibility is for scheduling dynamically inserted audio advertising/sponsorship spots in our podcasts and manage advertising operational functions in our public radio broadcasts. This associate will work closely with colleagues in sponsorship sales, production, marketing and tech. Previous experience using a broadcast or digital traffic system like Adzerk or Google DFP a plus!
What is an ad traffic manager?
An ad trafficker coordinates the movement of ideas, creative projects, advertisements, and all associated paperwork with account managers, creative artists, and other personnel. Ad traffickers do this by facilitating workflow and communication to ensure that deadlines are efficiently and consistently met from inception to placement. They also troubleshoot inaccuracies or problems, monitor ad campaigns, and report to advertising sales staff on the status and placement of campaigns to guarantee correct billing.
Specifically we are looking for someone who:
- Is extremely detail oriented.
- Meets deadlines.
- Will be able to learn and understand key metrics for podcast and broadcast reporting.
- Has a good understanding of the sales process.
- Is able to use relevant traffic management software.
- Is familiar with digital marketing.
- Is able to work calmly and effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines.
- Has excellent communication skills, complemented by diplomacy.
- Works well with both local and remote team members.
- Has strong administrative skills, including spreadsheets and Word docs (Google docs) and data management.
- Provides excellent client service--both internal and external
- Manage inventory and schedule sponsorship advertising across our network of 70+ shows using traffic management software. Associate will be assigned a portfolio of shows.
- Monitor performance of trafficked campaigns.
- Facilitate production workflow in getting copy and scripts through production process.
- Provide timely reporting about campaign performance.
- Provide ongoing client service such as sending links to listen to shows, providing audio files for their records, etc.
- Manage inventory and availabilities.
This is an entry level position at PRX. You would need to demonstrate good administrative skills, close attention to detail and an interest in podcasting and public radio. Familiarity with excel and google sheets database management and an interest in monetization a plus. Prior use of any ad traffic system like Google DFP or other a plus.
This position is based in Boston. PRX employees are offered health, dental and life insurance benefits, short- and long-term disability, a 401k retirement plan, and paid vacation and parental leave.
Since its launch in September 2003, PRX has grown to become a leading media company, shaping the future of audio by connecting talented producers with their most engaged, supportive audiences. PRX builds technology and creates cutting-edge content that reaches millions of listeners worldwide. Based in Boston, PRX is a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment where employees are expected to develop new skills and encouraged to be adaptable and flexible.
Our Commitment To Diversity
We want our team to reflect the wide diversity of our country, and we strongly encourage POC and LGBTQ candidates to apply. We’re committed to structuring our hiring process and company to be welcoming to applicants of all backgrounds.
PRX is an equal opportunity employer.