Director of Digital Fundraising
The Director of Digital Fundraising, a new position, will be responsible for implementing fundraising campaigns targeting modest/entry-level donors, overseeing donor engagement (donor data, customer service, conversion, retention, and acquisition), and maintaining online fundraising systems, and collaborating with other development staff to identify and steward donors with potential for greater giving capacity. This is a position that can be based in Minneapolis, MN or Boston, MA.
PRI/PRX currently raises about $1.2 million annually from 33,000 donors contributing at <$1,000. We are seeking to significantly expand our base of support, total revenue from online donations, and the percentage of donors making monthly/sustaining gifts. We are also seeking to increase the percentage of digital donors who transition into higher touch, higher gift categories.
The new position has been created to bring all <$1,000 donor revenue and fundraising activities under one functional role. The Director of Digital Fundraising will be a core part of an eight-member development team, and will serve as an important liaison between departments including marketing, audience engagement, Radiotopia, technology, programming, and operations. The ideal candidate will enable PRX/PRI to maintain a leading position in podcast, mobile, and online digital fundraising.
- Execute company-wide digital fundraising strategy for PRX/PRX including Radiotopia, The World, Studio 360, and other partner or wholly owned content/properties. Set, meet, exceed annual fundraising goals targeting donors giving gifts under $1,000.
- Maintain fundraising calendar which tightly integrates with other resource development, marketing and communications, and technology activities.
- Oversee all aspects of donor engagement including customer service and database management, donor communications, matching gifts and partnerships, and rewards and fulfillment.
- Develop customized donor-centric approaches that achieve high conversion, retention, acquisition, and loyalty, increase volume, number, and average size of transactions, facilitate user-friendly mobile and digital checkout and payments, and stimulate add-on and upgrade opportunities to move donors up giving pyramid.
- Maintain and leverage all systems and tools including Salesforce, Campaign Monitor, CommitChange, MailChimp and Donately.
- Oversee digital fundraising budget including annual goal setting, revenue and expense reports, and account reconciliation.
- Manage and maintain contracts with partners that support the donor engagement / communications including merchandise and fulfillment house, freelance professionals, and others as appropriate.
- Stay ahead of leading industry trends and insights.
- Proven experience. The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of digital fundraising, preferably in public media, where they've developed and executed a range of successful fundraising campaigns and strategies. The ideal candidate will be able to show end-to-end execution and fluid management of planning and execution.
- Technical acumen. Astute knowledge of the tools, systems, and hacks that are needed to achieve success in this arena. Ability to work with and lead other technical colleagues to support high revenue goals.
- Innovation. The ideal candidate will have a record of experimentation and innovation, recognizing that many of the appropriate tools and strategies for digital fundraising are continuing to rapidly evolve.
- High level production skills. Exceptional writing and multimedia skills, including ability to write in different styles, develop campaigns for different content properties and voices.
- Achievement oriented. Candidate will be energized by creating and exceeding goals for a growing public media organization.
- Donor-centric. Strong instincts and focus on maintaining donors loyalty. Candidate must be a able to intricately map fundraising activities to donor behaviors, needs, and interests.
- Caring professional. An empathetic, personable individual that develops strong interpersonal relationships with peers horizontally and vertically inside and outside the organization.
PRX/PRI ambassador. A person that embraces the role of advocate and ambassador thoughtfully, with the highest level of conviction, dedication, and integrity.
This position can be based in Boston or Minneapolis. Employees are offered health, dental and life insurance benefits, short- and long-term disability, a retirement plan, and paid vacation and parental leave.
Our Commitment To Diversity
We want our team to reflect the wide diversity of our country and are committed to structuring our hiring process and company to be welcoming to applicants of all backgrounds.
PRX is an equal opportunity employer.