Podcast Sales Support Manager
The Podcast Sales Support Manager will play a critical role in helping to improve and scale our day-to-day sales operations for national sponsorship. They support the SVP, National Sponsorship in developing strategy for sponsorship sales, superserving partners and producers, and ensuring the sponsorship business operations run smoothly. On a daily basis, they serve as a bridge between the PRX ad-ops team, our external sales partners and our talented show producers.
Sponsorship and other emerging revenue opportunities are one of the fastest growing areas of the organization and ensuring this growth is an important foundation for PRX’s future. We’re ambitious about increasing exposure and revenue for independent producers and our owned and produced shows and projects. The Podcast Sales Operations Manager matches that ambition. They constantly look for efficiencies, strive for improvement and are highly organized. They never stray from their commitment to delivering superior customer service and proactive communication.
Success for the Podcast Sales Operations Manager means consistently meeting deadlines and seamlessly managing all aspects of pre-sale go to market strategy and post-sale execution while providing excellent service to strengthen PRX’s relationships with partners and producers.
Key Activity Supporting Sales Revenue:
- Initiates new workflows and processes to address our need to scale in line with recent and planned future growth
- Works between internal and external partners on “post-sales” activity to ensure timely delivery sponsorship commitments and cross-functional coordination
- Leads efforts to problem solve for any sales operational issues quickly and efficiently
- Develops and maintains a dashboard for the department to monitor progress toward individual show revenue goals
- Works across the organization to develop a “pre-sale” system for efficient new sponsor approvals in collaboration with the sales team
- Creates and maintains a database of partner creative capabilities tracking producer preferences on spot length, ability to respond to custom integrations, comfort with various types of spot reads, etc. with a goal to support speed and create efficiencies in the sales process.
- Develops tools and processes to manage new program and new season launches to support getting the sales team to market quickly with new opportunities
- Leads the effort to ensure the sales team is fully trained on each program and is aware of new opportunities
Key Activity Supporting Business Partners:
- Is a key player in ensuring partnership success and maximization of opportunities
- Acts as primary liaison for the sales team to communicate critical information between producer, marketing, and advertising operations to ensure launch plans are communicated to support the sales process and, importantly,
- Ensures our partners have a great early onboarding experience in relation to sponsorship sales
- Stays informed of new opportunities with shows and partners and communicates to the sales team quickly and efficiently
- Tracks partner contractual obligations and ensures compliance
- Creates a system, using our CRM, to monitor inbound leads and track progress to create a feedback loop back to producers (via quarterly reporting)
- Builds rapport with producers, partners and stakeholders and provides excellent customer service
- Produces and distributes monthly and quarterly revenue reports to producers and partners
- Schedules regular partnership check in meetings with shows and the SVP, National Sponsorship. Prepares supportive research and reports. Participates and/or leads check-ins as assigned.
- Supports producers with copywriting sponsor scripts
Additional Activity Supporting Internal Stakeholders:
- Analyzes and reports on sponsorship data and regularly reports progress in a timely manner
- Continually alerts the SVP of all opportunities, issues and progress
- Supports the SVP, National Sponsorships, in managing key producer relationships on our top tier shows
- Work across internal departments to develop a strong understanding of marketing and metrics as they relate to and support sales efforts
- Monitors aging report and flags bad debt concerns for the SVP, National Sponsorship
- Develops and manages a process to support partner interest in friends and family sponsorship buys
Education & Experience:
- BS or BA in Business, Marketing, Communications. While a degree is preferred, some combination of coursework and extensive related professional experience, will be acceptable for consideration.
- Three to five years experience in sales, customer service or marketing with a strong preference for experience in media sales or media marketing
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong communication skills-both written and verbal are essential
- Highly collaborative
- Individually motivated
- Comfortable with a fast paced and quickly changing media landscape
- A flexible thinker who is always looking to improve
- Organized and deadline focused
- Pays strong attention to details
- Proficient in Google tools, particularly Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Proficient in Salesforce or other CRM system
This position is ideally based in Boston but will consider applicants in New York or Minneapolis. Employees are offered health, dental and life insurance benefits, short- and long-term disability, a retirement plan, and paid vacation and parental leave.
Our Commitment To Diversity
We want our team to reflect the wide diversity of our country and are committed to structuring our hiring process and company to be welcoming to applicants of all backgrounds.
PRX is an equal opportunity employer.