Director of Brand Marketing
Do you love the mission and ingenuity of public radio and podcasting? If so, check out this unique marketing opening at PRX in Boston, Massachusetts.
Public radio and podcasting are at a moment of tremendous change and promise. PRX is at the epicenter of an audio revolution; bridging broadcast, digital and mobile with a portfolio of exceptional programs including PRI’s The World, The Takeaway, Reveal, The Moth Radio Hour and the Radiotopia podcast network.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Director, Brand Marketing will drive the strategy and positioning of key elements within PRX’s growing brand portfolio. They’ll also be responsible for the full end-to-end go-to-market implementation of these strategies by leading the development of several key portfolio campaigns. The primary focus is understanding and capturing mindsets & imaginations of consumers, donors, partners, and key influencers. This is a highly collaborative role, and the director will build strong relationships across the organization. Specifically, the director is responsible for new product launches; merchandising and licensing program build; establishing marketing guidelines across fundraising team and helping with new initiatives and/or grant opportunities; establishing a strong conference & event program that helps build out PRX and its brands through leadership and staff participation; establishes PRX online webinar and workshop program; along with merchandise & licensing strategy online and through traditional avenues.
In addition brand marketing campaign concepts; they will have a solid understanding of how to navigate our stakeholders including donors, community outreach partners, media, advertisers, board, and third-party licensing and merchandising vendors. This position is seated at the cross-section of marketing, fundraising and business development teams and is an integral role to forge new pathways for building awareness and driving conversation with PRX’s brands. The director oversees the digital content manager and brand marketing manager in a highly-visible, fast-paced environment.
Work with marketing, content creators and internal teams at PRX to strategically envision, write, edit, design and deploy content for diverse topics, audiences and vehicles across multiple channels including video, print, digital and beyond. The ability and commitment to lead innovative, cross-channel content ideation is critical to success. As is, looking outward toward unique promotional, merchandise and licensing partners to help expand and raise visibility for PRX and its brands.
- Collaborate at a high-level across marketing and PRX to launch products and services that resonate with current and potential customers and audiences
- Oversees all aspects of the company’s brand marketing functions
- Develop benchmark and KPI criteria
- Develop and prepare key messaging and presentation materials for senior management
- Work closely with training, ad sales, technology and production unit to create demand and recognition for PRX and its products
- Monitor marketing trends and keep a close eye on competitive products in the marketplace
- Deliver monthly reports highlighting impact our products and services are having across our customer and audience base
- Work with digital content manager to create unique, entertaining content that performs on multiple platforms including social channels and engages viewers/fans
- Meet and/or exceed established growth goals across products
- Track and exploit new features and products across platforms to create compelling, innovative, content-oriented campaigns
- Create unique content campaigns that performs on multi-platforms including social channels and engages listeners
- Establish multi-platform growth goals including live streaming, listener engagement and content consumption metrics
- Establish PRX event program and conference presence and partner across teams on strategy, speaker program, workshops and panel participation
- Partner with the CEO on all PRX branding and corporate communication
- 5-7 years of experience in brand marketing
- Strong creative, conceptual and storytelling skills a must
- Influential thinker and impeccable communicator of ideas
- Proven track record in successful marketing campaigns and brand launches
- Passion for emerging media trends and technology, especially social platforms
- Deep understanding of digital and social media metrics
- Expert presentation skills
- Extraordinary project management capabilities
- Start-up mentality with the poise of seasoned professional
- Experience in executing successful brand marketing campaigns, a plus
- Knowledge of public media podcasting
- Skilled at mentoring staff and teams in a very fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or relevant field
- Good knowledge of Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Audacity or other media editing software (add here around brand building; archetype and style guides)
- Five years of experience with brand marketing; product launches; advertising & sales marketing Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Team Player
- Must be willing to work in Boston, MA
This position is based in Boston. PRX employees are offered health, dental and life insurance benefits, short- and long-term disability, a 401k retirement plan, and paid vacation and parental leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
We want our team to reflect the wide diversity of our country, and we strongly encourage POC and LGBTQ candidates to apply. We're committed to structuring our hiring process and company to be welcoming to applicants of all backgrounds.